Thursday, May 26, 2011

The one thing I never learned how to do

is relax.

I don't know how to do this. I wanted to say, "I struggle with this," but, no. It's more than that. I simply don't have any concept of relaxation at all. I don't sit down. I don't stop moving. I don't breathe. Unless, of course, I've collapsed.

This is a time in my life where I need to just relax and soak in the beauty and the loveliness of the world around me. I don't need to be creating all the time, in a frenzy. I can create just for fun, without productivity or purpose.

The purpose / meaning of life is inexplicable. Why on earth did God create the universe? For His own pleasure. From His own pleasure in Himself, and for...well, couldn't one say it was just...for fun?

"Meaningless, meaningless, everything is meaningless, says the teacher..."

I see these as the most meaningful, hopeful words ever written.

No comments: