Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Amanda's 'bout to get Choleric on ya

Lately I have been extremely phlegmatic.

I only do things if I feel like doing them. I wait until stronger outside forces compel me to accomplish things like putting away laundry, paying bills or running errands. My motivation to exercise is the fear that I eat so much (which I do) that I will get fat very quickly if I don't burn lots of calories. I have a brownie or a chocolate chip cookie just about every day, along with several cups of coffee. I think if it were not for the coffee, I would probably be living in a coma.

I understand that this state of phlegmaticose is not sustainable. However, the funny thing is (and, what is it? Not ironic - the opposite of irony, this goes along quite nicely and adds to the versimilitude of the whole thing) that I don't really need to even be the one to pull myself out of it. A choleric era is approaching my life again. Forces beyond my control are waiting to compel me to action.

One is the student loans. Two of them will go into repayment soon. Another later in the fall. That will be four monthly loan payments which I am not currently able to afford. That will mean finding a second job. No more selling salmon two days a week and playing around the rest.

Secondly, I have a new ambition. I'm not ready to blog about it yet, but it's got me pretty excited. Change may be coming. We'll see.

Thirdly, I have two weddings and an engagement session this summer. The first wedding is at the end of August and the second is in September. Back to back! I will be finishing up one and then shooting the next. It's nice to be doing weddings again. They are, however, a whole lot of freakin hard work.

It's time to












Can you help me, John Maxwell?



No comments: