Sunday, October 9, 2011

Goodbyes

So right now is a lovely but melancholy time. I have said most of my goodbyes to Washington and the beloved friends and family therein, and now I am embarking on a journey.

A journey of FUN!

A journey of meeting up with old friends and new.

September 30 - Had my last day of work at CCL and said goodbye to mostly everyone. :*) I will miss all those folks and everyone at Vital Choice, they were wonderful to work with. I learned the wisdom of the salmon. That night I also cooked a salmon for the first time on my own for a grill-out night / goodbye party with my room mates. Mmmm...salmon, grilled veggies, wine, pumpkin pie and a fire in the fire pit. What more could one ask for?
October 1 - Went to Bothell to hang out with the MacLean clan for a couple of days. Went to church. Had their church's awesome coffee again. I love that coffee.  Hung out with Amy and Patrick in a very Seattley way (drinking coffee outside in the rain).
October 3 - Came back to Bellingham to hang out with the Canadian / Australian cousins and say goodbye. Packed up my truck. Said Goodbye to the roomies one last time.
October 5 - went back to Bothell / Shoreline and visited my cousin Sean whom I haven't seen in like 20something years, and met Llyra and their cute little boy, Christopher. Kicked myself for not meeting them sooner since I've been to Bothell like 800 times since I've lived here and had no idea they were so close by.
October 6 - Left Bothell again and headed for Ellensburg to spend some time with my Aunt Becky.
October 7 - had a lovely day of adventures with Aunt B exploring the Kittitas Valley and learning about wind-generated power at the PSE windmills. Had dinner, drank wine, had a good old time!
October 8 - went to the Ellensburg Farmer's Market and got an awesome, huge heirloom tomato. Had more adventures yard sailing and picking up chairs from a meeting with the League of Women's Voters, which almost resulted in us smashing into a garage while trying to squeeze through a very narrow driveway, but thankfully, it didn't. Had dinner with my other cousin, Bret, and his son Matthew (pizza and ranch!) and enjoyed that gigantic tomato a second time around in our salad. More wine, some guitar playing, and some watching of movies.

Now I am sitting here, typing this.

Tomorrow (October 9) I will be heading to Portland to visit Betsy, and the next day I'll see my cousin Lauren whom I also haven't seen in over two decades. More friends along the California coastline to see before I get to Arizona and meet my twin nephews! I can't wait.

Life is an adventure and a gift. I must say, I am quite addicted to it.

No comments: